This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Move x86 specific tunables to x86/dl-tunables.list
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, "Rodriguez Bahena, Victor" <victor dot rodriguez dot bahena at intel dot com>
- Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at gotplt dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:38:52 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Move x86 specific tunables to x86/dl-tunables.list
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOrpe_irC=GiaCOB9kMHDVL1xuKGQSZtgpW0C1ZNOcHmjw@mail.gmail.com>
On 20/06/2017 16:13, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:45 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Rodriguez Bahena, Victor
>> <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: <firstname.lastname@example.org> on behalf of Siddhesh Poyarekar
>>> Date: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 9:36 AM
>>> To: "H.J. Lu" <email@example.com>, Adhemerval Zanella
>>> Cc: GNU C Library <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [PATCH] tunables: Add IFUNC selection and cache sizes
>>>> On Tuesday 20 June 2017 07:11 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>>>> Since ifunc and others are handled in the same name space, I have to
>>>>> make non_temporal_threshold, .. as well as ifunc x86 specific. Will it
>>>> I'm going to add ifunc selection for aarch64 soon, so it makes sense to
>>>> have that generic. You could name the arch-specific tunables as
>>>> x86_non_temporal_threshold and so on.
>>> What does it mean arch-specific? ( haswell / skyline / ... )
>> It is x86 vs aarch64.
> This patch moves x86 specific tunables to sysdeps/x86/dl-tunables.list.
> Any comments?