This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: alloca avoidance patches
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 16:47:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: alloca avoidance patches
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
It seems to me that we need a clear definition of what stack frame size
glibc can assume is safe (so that we can aim to eliminate alloca and VLAs
unless the compiler can see they are bounded, and use -Wstack-usage= for
building glibc to make sure no function uses too much stack).
Joseph S. Myers