This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove _dl_out_of_memory from elf/Versions
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 23:20:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove _dl_out_of_memory from elf/Versions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx10.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx10.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=fweimer at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com DE8FF5D5E9
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com DE8FF5D5E9
- References: <20170616162531.GA21934@gmail.com> <email@example.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 06/16/2017 06:29 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jun 2017, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> On 06/16/2017 06:25 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>> Since _dl_out_of_memory is static in elf/dl-error-skeleton.c:
>>> static const char _dl_out_of_memory = "out of memory";
>>> remove _dl_out_of_memory from elf/Versions.
>> Do you happen to have a binutils patch that warns about this?
> I'd expect there are lots of symbols in glibc's Versions files that are
> actually only exported on some architectures and so would trigger such
> warnings. (E.g. obsoleted symbols, listed in Versions files but not
> actually built for new-enough architectures because of SHLIB_COMPAT
Right, but it would still be interesting to see what current
architectures are missing.