This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove _dl_out_of_memory from elf/Versions
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 16:29:34 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove _dl_out_of_memory from elf/Versions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170616162531.GA21934@gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 16 Jun 2017, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 06/16/2017 06:25 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > Since _dl_out_of_memory is static in elf/dl-error-skeleton.c:
> > static const char _dl_out_of_memory = "out of memory";
> > remove _dl_out_of_memory from elf/Versions.
> Do you happen to have a binutils patch that warns about this?
I'd expect there are lots of symbols in glibc's Versions files that are
actually only exported on some architectures and so would trigger such
warnings. (E.g. obsoleted symbols, listed in Versions files but not
actually built for new-enough architectures because of SHLIB_COMPAT
Joseph S. Myers