This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: [RFC][PATCH 0/2] aarch64: Add optimized ASIMD versions of sinf/cosf
- From: Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco dot Dijkstra at arm dot com>
- To: "Ashwin dot Sekhar at cavium dot com" <Ashwin dot Sekhar at cavium dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: nd <nd at arm dot com>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at gotplt dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 10:57:26 +0000
- Subject: RE: [RFC][PATCH 0/2] aarch64: Add optimized ASIMD versions of sinf/cosf
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Wilco dot Dijkstra at arm dot com;
- Nodisclaimer: True
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
> Please find the microbenchmark code at
That is fine for benchmarking the individual code paths of a specific implementation.
However a good benchmark would run through a representative subset of calls from
actual code rather than repeating the same input many times. This avoids focusing too
much on special cases that never occur in the real world or failing to take the cost of
branch mispredictions into account due to varying inputs.