This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: malloc hooks
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: nd at arm dot com
- Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 15:15:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: malloc hooks
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: arm.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;arm.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=arm.com;
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <593953AB.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On 08/06/17 15:05, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 06/08/2017 03:39 PM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
>> there is some ifdef magic in malloc/hooks.c to
>> only define malloc_get_state etc if it's needed
>> for abi compat:
>> #if SHLIB_COMPAT (libc, GLIBC_2_0, GLIBC_2_25)
>> but there is tst-mallocstate.c which uses these
>> functions unconditionally.
>> i wonder how that is supposed to work for new
>> targets (e.g. aarch64 ilp32)
> We currently do not have SHLIB_COMPAT support at the Makefile level. If
> you have a port that bumps the compat level past 2.25, I can probably
> come up with an implementation of that.
is it ok to ifdef out the test code if compat level >2.25 ?
then there is no need for makefile changes