This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: malloc hooks
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 09:44:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: malloc hooks
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <593953AB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 9:39 AM, Szabolcs Nagy <email@example.com> wrote:
> there is some ifdef magic in malloc/hooks.c to
> only define malloc_get_state etc if it's needed
> for abi compat:
> #if SHLIB_COMPAT (libc, GLIBC_2_0, GLIBC_2_25)
> but there is tst-mallocstate.c which uses these
> functions unconditionally.
> i wonder how that is supposed to work for new
> targets (e.g. aarch64 ilp32)
That test should be skipped when the functions are unavailable. I
don't know what the best way to implement that is.