This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [GLIBC][PATCH] Remove string/bits/string2.h header
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco dot Dijkstra at arm dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 14:26:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: [GLIBC][PATCH] Remove string/bits/string2.h header
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <AM5PR0802MB2610FABA198EB50CCF75401183F70@AM5PR0802MB2610.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com>
On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco.Dijkstra@arm.com> wrote:
> After https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-06/msg00027.html there is
> no longer a need for string2.h, so remove it and all mention of string2.h.
> Move the redirects for __bzero and __stpcpy to include/string.h since they
> are still required until all internal uses have been renamed.
> This fixes several linknamespace/localplt failures when building with -Os.
+1 from me but I'm not sure I'm entitled to outright _approve_ it.