Re: [patch] malloc per-thread cache ready for review

On 02/01/2017 09:14 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:
Markus Trippelsdorf <markus@trippelsdorf.de> writes:
Thanks. It works fine now.

Excellent :-)

But I see no speedups for a simple compile time test:

GCC is single threaded and has its own internal memory management system
it layers on top of malloc, and I've not seen it benefit from a
per-thread cache.
Actually most of GCC's key internal structures are layered on top of mmap'd pages. It doesn't go through malloc for any of the key data structures.

jeff