Re: build-many-glibcs.py failures for powerpc

Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> writes:

> In tests with mainline GCC and binutils I see:
>
> FAIL: glibcs-powerpc-linux-gnu check
> FAIL: glibcs-powerpc-linux-gnu-power4 check
> FAIL: glibcs-powerpc64le-linux-gnu check
>
> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-testresults/2017-q1/msg00026.html
>
> The first two are elf/check-textrel failing for libm.so.  The third is
> elf/check-localplt failing ("Extra PLT reference: libc.so: strncmp").
> There are no such failures for powerpc64 big endian or for soft float /
> e500.  I suppose the first two might be GCC / binutils bugs, given that I
> don't see them with the bot using GCC 6 branch and binutils 2.28 branch.
> I don't know how long any of these failures have been around, since
> previously they'd have been hidden by the warnings causing failures for
> all architectures.

I've never seen them on my tests.  The only elf testcase failing here is
elf/tst-tls-manydynamic (BZ #20915).

I tested using:
 - A few other older combinations of Binutils and GCC
 - Binutils 2.26 + GCC 5.4
 - Binutils 2.25 + GCC 5.3
 - Binutils 2.27 + GCC 6.2 (rev 242657)
 - Binutils 2.27 + GCC 7.0 (rev 243648)

I'm trying build-many-glibcs.py to see if I can reproduce them here.

--
Tulio Magno