This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use gcc stpncpy chk builtin (BZ #20661)
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 20:10:58 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use gcc stpncpy chk builtin (BZ #20661)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 30 Sep 2016, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> Since r182378 GCC provides stpncpy_chk builtin support and it is
> included in official GCC 4.7.4 package. It allows GLIBC to use it
> on string3.h headers without any additional guards.
You'll need to explain this more. The installed glibc headers support GCC
2.7 and later. What is the minimum GCC version for which the installed
headers will end up including <bits/string3.h>? Is it more recent than
the minimum version that has this built-in function?
Joseph S. Myers