This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC PATCH 0/2] Add AF_VSOCK support to getnameinfo(3) and getaddrinfo(3)
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Jorgen Hansen <jhansen at vmware dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 15:25:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 0/2] Add AF_VSOCK support to getnameinfo(3) and getaddrinfo(3)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
* Stefan Hajnoczi:
> Many existing programs use getnameinfo(3) and getaddrinfo(3).
> Porting programs to support AF_VSOCK is easy if the library
> functions can handle this address family. Without support in glibc
> each program needs to duplicate address parsing code and it becomes
> harder to port programs.
What has changed since the previous discussion?
How do you expect that applications will know that they have to pass
AF_VSOCK to getaddrinfo instead of AF_UNSPEC?