This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 00/13] Installed-header hygiene (BZ#20366)
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 13:34:38 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/13] Installed-header hygiene (BZ#20366)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 08/29/2016 09:16 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Last release cycle I made some noises about cleaning up the installed
> headers---specifically, I think they should all be tested to compile
> as both C and C++, in a variety of modes, without having included
> any other headers first. There's not a lot of bugs in this area,
> but there's enough to get 13 patches out of them :) Mainly because
> I broke it up very fine for review. It would probably be best to
> squash it down to just one patch for landing.
I agree with the principles you are applying here. It also helps reduce
potential circular header dependencies and improves readability for
those more familiar with the common standard defined types.