This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Add <stdint.h> integer width macros
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 17:19:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: Add <stdint.h> integer width macros
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 09/20/2016 10:21 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
TS 18661-1 defines macros for the width of integer types, intended for
use with the fromfp functions to convert from floating-point types to
integer types of any width, in any rounding mode and with control over
whether "inexact" is raised. Such macros are, of course, more
generally useful than just with those functions.
Looks good to me, although I don't have access to TS 18661-1 (I think).
I'm still surprised there isn't anything for _Bool, and as you've told
me, that's one type where there is actual variance (besides wchar_t).