This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add test case for O_TMPFILE handling in open, openat
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 15:26:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add test case for O_TMPFILE handling in open, openat
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 09/20/2016 02:51 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> I noticed that we do not seem to have a test case for O_TMPFILE
> I have tested the attached patch with recent kernels and Red Hat's
> 3.10 kernels (where it prints UNSUPPORTED). I verified that
> probe_path works as intended with a vfat file system (which does not
> support O_TMPFILE even on a supported kernel).
The actual details of the patch look good to me, so OK conditional
on more comments about:
* What is being tested.
* Is it sufficient?
* If not, where might we improve in the future?
* Under what conditions do we mark as UNSUPPORTED?
The test cases should have lots of comments explaining the what and
why of the various tests we conduct. Sorry for sounding like a broken
record about documenting tests, but future reviewers of the test will
thank you for it.