This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Case-less comparisons in configuration parsing
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 11:28:33 +0200
- Subject: Case-less comparisons in configuration parsing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
nscd calls setlocale early on and does this:
nscd/nscd_conf.c:232: if (strcasecmp (arg1, "unlimited") == 0)
I assume this will not have the expected effect in a Turkish locale,
where "UNLIMITED" down-cases to "unlımıted" (with dotless “ı”).
I suggest we always use the C locale for comparisons involving settings
such as "on", "off", "all", or "unlimited".