This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Add <limits.h> integer width macros
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:07:31 -0700
- Subject: Re: Add <limits.h> integer width macros
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 09/13/2016 10:49 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
+# define UINT_WIDTH 32
Dumb question: In the latest draft I could find
macros are supposed to be expressions of type size_t. Was this changed
from 'size_t' to 'int' in the final standard? That would make sense, as
these values are likely to be used in shift-width contexts where
negative numbers can be useful.