This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Make ldexpF generic.
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Paul E. Murphy" <murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 22:56:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make ldexpF generic.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, 13 Sep 2016, Paul E. Murphy wrote:
> This one is a little more tricky since it is built both for
> libm and libc, and exports multiple aliases.
> To simplify aliasing, a new macro is introduced which handles
> aliasing to two symbols. By default, it just applies
> declare_mgen_alias to both target symbols.
> Likewise, the makefile is tweaked a little to generate
> templates for shared files too, and a new rule is added
> to build m_*.c objects from the objpfx directory.
Could you describe the testing done, in particular the configurations for
which you've confirmed unchanged code generation for the relevant objects?
> math/s_ldexpf.c: Removed.
> math/s_ldexpl.c: Removed.
> math/s_ldexp.c: Refactored into ...
> math/s_ldexp_template.c: New file.
You're systematically missing the "* " before filenames in the ChangeLog
entries for this patch.
Joseph S. Myers