This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove the ptw-% patterns
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 15:09:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove the ptw-% patterns
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160814141339.61F66402B978B@oldenburg.str.redhat.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 08/14/2016 07:19 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 08/14/2016 07:07 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Aug 14 2016, email@example.com (Florian Weimer) wrote:
Nothing depends on the PTW macro anymore, so the mechanism to define
PTW for recompliations of libc routines is no longer needed.
There's more to them than that. All the ptw-% objects are
IS_IN(libpthread) instead of IS_IN(libc). Take a look at
sysdep-cancel.h for the difference.
The objects are still recompiled. I believe this is sufficient to make
the IS_IN conditionals effective.
do you still object to the proposed change?