This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC PATCH 0/2] AARCH64/ILP32: support stat syscalls
- From: Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb dot de>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Yury Norov <ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com>
- Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2016 21:50:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 0/2] AARCH64/ILP32: support stat syscalls
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Friday, September 9, 2016 6:49:57 PM CEST Yury Norov wrote:
> This is another implementation for stat syscalls. I tried to follow all comments.
> It defines custom struct stat to avoid annoying copying, and implements custom
> statfs syscalls to be compatible to lp64. The rest is taken from generic code.
> XSTAT_IS_XSTAT64 and STAT_IS_KERNEL_STAT are enabled to reuse code and bypass
> First patch is the preparing work and not related to aarch64/ilp32 directly.
> It may be applied separately.
> Notice that kernel ABI is changed, so pull latest version for testing:
I have a few questions about the implementation in the second patch,
but this is getting close to what I was hoping for. The remaining
questions I had are basically about whether it can be done in a simpler
In short, I was hoping that it would be enough to override bits/stat.h
and otherwise use everything from sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/generic/wordsize-32/