This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v3] getrandom system call wrapper [BZ #17252]
- From: Rical Jasan <ricaljasan at pacific dot net>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 18:54:44 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] getrandom system call wrapper [BZ #17252]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 09/08/2016 05:46 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 09/08/2016 01:44 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> Here is a new attempt at providing the getrandom system call.
>> I have retained the __getrandom symbol mangling. The justification for
>> that is that getrandom is a fairly common name. Application code might
>> use it for something else entirely and interpose their definition, so
>> that libraries cannot rely on it doing the right thing. I think the
>> mangling is justified because it is hard to spot that getrandom is
>> broken due to interposition. As <sys/random.h> is a new header, the
>> macro will be exposed to few applications.
>> I have made the system call wrapper a cancellation point. (If we
>> implement the simpler getentropy interface, it would not be a
>> cancellation point.)
> Updated with Rical's suggestions from the other thread.
Looks good to me! Thanks for reviewing the review; I agree with all the
things you didn't change too. :)