This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Patch soft-fp] Add support for various half-precision conversion routines
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 16:35:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Patch soft-fp] Add support for various half-precision conversion routines
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 7 Sep 2016, James Greenhalgh wrote:
> 2016-09-07 James Greenhalgh <email@example.com>
> * soft-fp/extendhftf2.c: New.
> * soft-fp/fixhfti.c: Likewise.
> * soft-fp/fixunshfti.c: Likewise.
> * soft-fp/floattihf.c: Likewise.
> * soft-fp/floatuntihf.c: Likewise.
> * soft-fp/half.h: Likewise.
This ChangeLog entry is missing trunctfhf2.c.
Your patch description refers to conversions to and from DImode, but they
aren't in the patch. One might also wonder whether a direct truncation
from DFmode is relevant to avoid double rounding (and for that matter a
conversion from SImode, to avoid going via DFmode; going via SFmode would
involve double rounding).
Joseph S. Myers