This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] struct stat: don't typecast to struct kernel_stat were not needed
- From: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at mellanox dot com>
- To: Yury Norov <ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 12:19:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] struct stat: don't typecast to struct kernel_stat were not needed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=cmetcalf at mellanox dot com;
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On 9/6/2016 7:28 AM, Yury Norov wrote:
The cast comes from the beginning of the git history, and probably was needed
when macro CHECK1() was used in syscalls. Now the cast is looking useless, and
breaks build if struct kernel_stat is not declared.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/fxstat.c: Remove useless cast.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/lxstat.c: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/xstat.c: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/fxstat.c: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/lxstat.c: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/xstat.c: Likewise.
Signed-off-by: Yury Norov<email@example.com>
I think you mean "where not needed" in the commit subject.
Chris Metcalf, Mellanox Technologies