This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove MAP_DENYWRITE FROM MAP_COPY definition
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Dmitrii Shcherbakov <fw dot dmitrii at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2016 20:58:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove MAP_DENYWRITE FROM MAP_COPY definition
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
* Dmitrii Shcherbakov:
> Dmitrii Shcherbakov (1):
> dl-load.h: Remove MAP_DENYWRITE from MAP_COPY definition
The patch seems to be missing, but I can guess what it looks like.
I wonder if the kernel can do a better job here. Truncation of DSOs
is a common source of application crashes because you either get
SIGBUS immediatelly, or a crash because private writeable mappings are
cleared. And it's not just about executable mappings, OpenJDK faces
the same issue with mapped JARs.