This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: AC_HEADER_MAJOR vs. glibc 2.25(-to-be)
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- Cc: autoconf at gnu dot org, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 21:08:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: AC_HEADER_MAJOR vs. glibc 2.25(-to-be)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKCAbMgx-N-w4iuCh3+GkMOup=FQ749vd_qPJ2qyZusaVsnEgQ@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 11:24 PM, Paul Eggert <email@example.com> wrote:
> Zack Weinberg wrote:
>> Have I missed either a way to carry out the ideal solution, or a third
> How about changing AC_HEADER_MAJOR to detect those warning messages?
That's difficult, but more importantly it doesn't do any good till we
get an autoconf release out -- and then everyone using AC_HEADER_MAJOR
has to regenerate their configure script and release *their* software.
I'm hoping we can find a solution that can be implemented entirely