Re: Testing glibc 2.24 on remaining machines.

From: Torvald Riegel <triegel@redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 13:32:48 +0200

> (3) build something that emulates full C11 atomics, either backed by
> locks in the synchronization data structure or a process-global lock
> array (though we'd have to adapt the current condvar because there's no
> space for an extra lock there)?

Nothing done completely inside of glibc will support signals properly.
Even the current locking in glibc deadlocks in several testcases
because of this problem.

Like some other architectures in the same situation have done, we
would need something in the kernel to implement locking properly
and in a signal safe way.

And it's really hard to justify all of that work.