Re: glibc 2.24 -- Release blockers

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
> On 07/18/2016 08:49 AM, Sinny Kumari wrote:
>>
>> Sadly, after applying this patch, build fails for Fedora rawhide on
>> both ppc64 and
>> ppc64le due to Memory exhausted problem.
>>
>> koji scratch build link -
>> http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3540001
>> Direct link to build log of ppc64 -
>> http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/kojifiles/work/tasks/2/3540002/build.log
>

> Thanks for checking. I thought about it for a bit and came up with the
> attached Emacs patch instead, which works for me on x86-64 and x86 Fedora
> 23. Can you please try it on ppc64? I assume __PPC64__ is defined, if not
> please feel to substitute the proper symbol and please let me know what that
> symbol is.

Yes, __PPC64__ macro is defined.
Applied this patch and emacs builds fine for Fedora rawhide [1] and
Fedora 24 [2] for
ppc64(le) arches.
Ran updated emacs on Fedora rawhide, ppc64 box and it uses few megabytes memory.
Checked content of  /proc/self/personality inside emacs shell and it has value
00040000.

[1] http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3544685
[2] http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3544697