Porting the GNU C library to the BareMetalC framework

Hi there,

I am starting today a port of the glibc to my baremetal framework, here is a brief description of the framework, I will do a short presentation at the GNU Hackers Meeting in Rennes in august :

https://www.gnu.org/ghm/program.html

The BareMetalC framework (15m)
Speaker: Hugo Delchini

The BareMetalC project is a framework that gives developers a tool to build applications in a completely baremetal environment. This means without any operating system but with the same features than with an operating system. The first version allow to build complete applications in a BareMetal environment on standard PC with 32 bit CPU. Other versions for other platforms will follow. It includes the BareMetalC compiler and programming language with a complete framework of libraries and tools to build applications without relying on an operating system but with a very similar development environment.

As it is suggested on the GNU C Library documentation web page, I contact you before beginning the port.

Note that I submitted the BareMetalC project to the GNU Evaluation program and anyway it is free software even if it will not be accepted as a GNU Project (but I really hope so). I do not have the answer yet and I don’t know how much time the evaluation takes but I still work anyway.

You can get a tarball of the current version of BareMetalC at https://bitbucket.org/delchinihugo/bmctarball/src if like.

Best regards,
Hugo Delchini.