Re: glibc 2.24 -- Release blockers

On 07/14/2016 02:23 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
Backporting the hybrid-malloc changes should be enough.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into that when I get the time (not now, as I have other things to attend to).

If it's easy, could you please give a few details about which hybrid-malloc changes you mean? My first thought is to use all the hybrid-malloc code in Emacs master, except that 'configure' should be modified to use the code only if it detects that it is using a glibc version that lacks the recently-removed external symbol. If you have a better idea in mind please let us know.