Re: glibc 2.24 -- Release blockers

On Thu, 2016-07-14 at 12:54 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Torvald Riegel <triegel@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Know that openmpi can be fixed?
> > Have a patch ready for openmpi?  Have it committed upstream?  Have it be
> > part of an official openmpi release (though that would probably result
> > in postponing on our side, thus effectively waiting)?
>
> In that order.

Yeah, obviously.  You still haven't answer my other questions, though
(eg, what you'd like to suggest as a precondition to including Florian's
changes in a glibc release).
If you can't suggest a concrete plan and assess the likely results of it
(as well as when they would take effect), it's hard to act on this and
simply shipping the changes now seems the best option we have.