Re: glibc 2.24 -- Release blockers

On Thu, 2016-07-14 at 12:40 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Torvald Riegel <triegel@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Are you saying that we can do something that will not make us postpone
> > Florian's change?  If so, what is it?
>
> Help making the failures go away.
>
> > If we postpone for whatever reason, we do wait, effectively, for this
> > other action to take effect.  How long do you estimate do we have to
> > wait?
>
> Again, do not wait.

So you're in fact not against shipping Florian's change, provided that
we do what exactly?:

Know that openmpi can be fixed?
Have a patch ready for openmpi?  Have it committed upstream?  Have it be
part of an official openmpi release (though that would probably result
in postponing on our side, thus effectively waiting)?

And similarly for Emacs...

Please be specific if you're suggesting something.  You seem to think
that there is a better way than for us to simply ship Florian's change;
if so, you need to describe this alternative in some detail and argue
why it's better.