Re: glibc 2.24 -- Release blockers

On Thu, 2016-07-14 at 11:30 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Torvald Riegel <triegel@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > openmpi fails because its replacement for our allocator doesn't build.
>
> It fails because we removed a documented interface.

... which has been deprecated for 5 years, and is an interface to glibc
internals.

You seem to ignore the bigger picture here.  What is your suggestion for
improving our malloc, your assessment of when we will be able to do
anything in this space, and estimation of the (dis)advantages this will
bring *across all of glibc's users*?  How many years do you want to wait
until we can remove a deprecated interface?