Re: glibc 2.24 -- Release blockers

On 08/07/2016 04:20, Torvald Riegel wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-07-07 at 16:50 -0300, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>>   * [BZ #13165] New condition variable [9]
>>
>>     I would like to move forward on this one.  Based on Torvald feedback is has been
>>     tested on fedora rawride I think it is ok for inclusion.
>
> Testing on Rawhide was the plan, but hasn't happened yet (unless Carlos
> did so in the meantime without telling me).
> I think we should be able to test in Rawhide from now to the end of the
> testing phase, and we could easily revert the patch in case a problem
> shows up.  But I'll have to talk to Carlos to confirm this.

Alright, seems reasonable.

>>     I will also check on the architectures I have access.
>
> Thanks.  Please pick the second version of it (sorry for not marking it
> as v2 in the subject):
> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2016-06/msg00554.html

I am testing this version along with the atomic one which implements
'atomic_fetch_xor_release' [1] (with a fix to replace
atomic_compare_and_exchange_bool_rel) and everything seems ok.

I have tested in two other architectures you haven't tested (s390 and
armhf) and I saw no regressions.  I am also planning to check with some
tests from LTP that uses pthread_cond_* on x86, powerpc64le, s390 and
arm.

[1] http://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/12522/