Re: glibc 2.24 --- Starting soft/slush freeze discussion

On Fri, Jul 01, 2016 at 11:01:21PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> I don't think GLIBC_IFUNC or tunables are appropriate at this stage -
> anything involving new environment variables requires very careful
> consideration (of what APIs we want to support for users, of possible
> security issues, etc.) that we simply don't have time to do properly now.

Fair enough.  They're suitable for backport since they don't introduce
an ABI event, so it shouldn't be as grave an issue.

> appropriate now either.  I also think the pretty-printers are too big a
> change to include at this point.

That's really unfortunate, given the number of iterations the patch
has gone through and the fact that it is almost there.
pretty-printers don't actually impact the primary library
functionality at all, so I'd like you to reconsider your stand on
that.

Thanks,
Siddhesh