This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] New condvar implementation that provides stronger ordering guarantees.
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- Cc: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>, nd at arm dot com, GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>, Darren Hart <dvhart at infradead dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 15:51:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] New condvar implementation that provides stronger ordering guarantees.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1464268895 dot 17104 dot 14 dot camel at localhost dot localdomain> <ff6705fc-da70-9daa-d1fd-fb89192e7121 at redhat dot com> <57482C29 dot 2010403 at arm dot com>
On 05/27/2016 01:14 PM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
On 27/05/16 10:57, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 05/26/2016 03:21 PM, Torvald Riegel wrote:
- long int __align;
+ __extension__ long long int __align;
Is this used on ILP32 as well? Then it might be an ABI change.
there is no aarch64 ilp32 support yet.
Okay, then this particular change is a NOP.
The removal of the pointer member may have alignment impact elsewhere, too.
This might still be a problem.