This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v3] libio: use PTR_MANGLE/PTR_DEMANGLE for FILE vtables
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Kees Cook <keescook at chromium dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, Adam Conrad <adconrad at 0c3 dot net>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Yunlian Jiang <yunlian at google dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 12:10:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] libio: use PTR_MANGLE/PTR_DEMANGLE for FILE vtables
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160524165854 dot GA32022 at www dot outflux dot net> <0ebd00c0-7bbb-dbc5-d3e7-7fa6ba83c376 at redhat dot com> <CAGXu5jLc9EF_Lf-duxSq9WKFSj2i9Sr+zN8_sKEquuQORxZgug at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 05/25/2016 07:13 PM, Kees Cook wrote:
I think we need a follow-up patch which removes the symbols which are now
incompatible from the ABI, so that programs which are broken by this
configuration receive an explicit error message.
I have no idea how/where to do this. :) Hints?
You can use the C preprocessor in Versions files, see elf/Versions.
The challenge is to figure out the bits which currently *are* part of