This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: link issue with i686, ifunc & newer binutils
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Samuel Thibault <samuel dot thibault at ens-lyon dot org>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 15:02:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: link issue with i686, ifunc & newer binutils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160529212832 dot GC3168 at var dot home>
On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Samuel Thibault
> We are having a link issue on hurd-i686 when linking libc_pic.os into
> /usr/bin/ld: read-only segment has dynamic IFUNC relocations; recompile with -fPIC
> /usr/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value
> I'm not sure what this is about. AIUI there is a reloc against an ifunc
> symbol which happens to be in a read-only segment, and that should be
> turned into e.g. a PLT reloc. I however can't find where that could be,
> I have put the objdump -x here:
> grepping " i " shows the ifunc symbols, but grepping for these in it
> doesn't show me something that isn't a PLT.
> Any ideas?
You may have run into
Pleas get binutils master branch for better diagnostic.