This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 3/3] alpha: Remove trunc() and truncf() implementations.
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 10:49:33 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] alpha: Remove trunc() and truncf() implementations.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1464139950-31943-1-git-send-email-mattst88 at gmail dot com> <1464139950-31943-3-git-send-email-mattst88 at gmail dot com>
On Tue, 24 May 2016, Matt Turner wrote:
> They returned incorrect results for odd values greater than 2**52 and
> 2**23 respectively; and also raised incorrect inexact exceptions.
Incorrect results means a bug that's not currently filed in Bugzilla, and
as a bug user-visible in releases it should be filed there before fixing
(and then [BZ #N] included in the ChangeLog entry and the bug resolved as
FIXED with milestone set accordingly when the fix goes in, so that the bug
appears in the list of fixed bugs generated for NEWS).
Joseph S. Myers