This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v6 00/21] ILP32 for ARM64
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Yury Norov <ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com>, <arnd at arndb dot de>, <catalin dot marinas at arm dot com>, <linux-arm-kernel at lists dot infradead dot org>, <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>, <linux-doc at vger dot kernel dot org>, <linux-arch at vger dot kernel dot org>, <linux-s390 at vger dot kernel dot org>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: <nd at arm dot com>, <schwidefsky at de dot ibm dot com>, <heiko dot carstens at de dot ibm dot com>, <pinskia at gmail dot com>, <broonie at kernel dot org>, <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, <christoph dot muellner at theobroma-systems dot com>, <bamvor dot zhangjian at huawei dot com>, <klimov dot linux at gmail dot com>, <Nathan_Lynch at mentor dot com>, <agraf at suse dot de>, <Prasun dot Kapoor at caviumnetworks dot com>, <kilobyte at angband dot pl>, <geert at linux-m68k dot org>, <philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 11:42:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 00/21] ILP32 for ARM64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <1464048292-30136-1-git-send-email-ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
On 24/05/16 01:04, Yury Norov wrote:
> This version is based on kernel v4.6.
> It works with glibc-2.23, and tested with LTP.
> ILP32 glibc branch is available here:
> It is tested with this series with no major downsides. I will send it to
> glibc-alpha soon, after final revise. Please review and comment it as well.
i spotted one __ilp32__ vs __ILP32__ typo in the glibc code,
i can review it in detail when there is a cleaned up patch set.
in general the approach seems ok, the ugly part is when lp64
and ilp32 share code, but ilp32 needs some tweaks compared to
the current code (e.g. x vs w regs in asm, long changed to
long long in syscalls, different relocations etc) those will
be hard to review. the naming is sometimes _be_ilp32 sometimes
ilp32_be, but let's hope there will be no new abi variant to
confuse this further.