This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 0/8] Refactor libm-tests.c and friends
- From: "Paul E. Murphy" <murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 16:58:10 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8] Refactor libm-tests.c and friends
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <cover dot 1463599718 dot git dot murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 20 dot 1605182136310 dot 7137 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 05/18/2016 04:39 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> I don't see anything in this series to address cases where arguments or
> results in libm-test.inc are e.g. M_PI_2l. Is that deliberately intended
> to be addressed later, or did I miss something in the series?
> (It obviously *does* need to be addressed for float128; you can't use
> M_PI_2l as an expected result when long double is IBM long double and
> you're testing float128, because float128 has higher precision than long
> double in that case, so an inaccurate expected result would show spurious
> large errors.)
Thanks for catching that. Indeed, those too will require another patch.