This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/8] Begin refactor of libm-test.inc
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Paul E. Murphy" <murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 21:44:31 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/8] Begin refactor of libm-test.inc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <cover dot 1463599718 dot git dot murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <d07dfc0973a9a1288b424abfb19633ab0048f1c9 dot 1463599718 dot git dot murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On Wed, 18 May 2016, Paul E. Murphy wrote:
> [TEST_COND_gt_binary64]: Likewise.
I don't like this TEST_COND_gt_binary64.
If the condition combines TEST_LDOUBLE with something about mantissa bits
or exponents for long double, only the thing about mantissa bits or
exponents is actually needed. If it's TEST_LDOUBLE on its own (or
combined with conditions on integer types rather than on long double), as
in e.g. tests of ceil, then testing for >= 64 mantissa bits is sufficient
(the tests may actually only require some number between 53 and 64, but
testing for >= 64 seems reasonable). That is, TEST_LDOUBLE on its own can
be treated as defined TEST_LDOUBLE && LDBL_MANT_DIG >= 64.
Joseph S. Myers