This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC6 PATCH v6 00/21] ILP32 for ARM64
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb dot de>
- Cc: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, Yury Norov <ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com>, <catalin dot marinas at arm dot com>, <linux-arm-kernel at lists dot infradead dot org>, <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>, <nd at arm dot com>, <linux-arch at vger dot kernel dot org>, <linux-s390 at vger dot kernel dot org>, <pinskia at gmail dot com>, <Prasun dot Kapoor at caviumnetworks dot com>, <schwab at suse dot de>, <broonie at kernel dot org>, <linux-doc at vger dot kernel dot org>, <heiko dot carstens at de dot ibm dot com>, <agraf at suse dot de>, <klimov dot linux at gmail dot com>, <bamvor dot zhangjian at huawei dot com>, <schwidefsky at de dot ibm dot com>, <Nathan_Lynch at mentor dot com>, <christoph dot muellner at theobroma-systems dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 15:45:11 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC6 PATCH v6 00/21] ILP32 for ARM64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1459894127-17698-1-git-send-email-ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com> <573B0A4D dot 4090704 at arm dot com> <4173531 dot IRSphtVpg9 at wuerfel>
On Tue, 17 May 2016, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> I think it has become easier to override now and we just need to
> update sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/generic/bits/typesizes.h to set
> #define __INO64_T_TYPE __UQUAD_TYPE
> #define __OFF64_T_TYPE __UQUAD_TYPE
> #define __OFF_T_MATCHES_OFF64_T 1
> #define __INO_T_MATCHES_INO64_T 1
> for new architectures (obviously not the ones that already use the
> 32-bit types). I haven't tries this, so there may be other things
> that are required.
I think more than that would be needed to get struct stat to match and get
things aliased for that (which is presumably desirable).
Joseph S. Myers