This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] malloc: Run fork handler as late as possible [BZ #19431]
- From: "Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho" <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 15:05:53 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] malloc: Run fork handler as late as possible [BZ #19431]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56BBAF3D dot 5030905 at redhat dot com> <1455559833 dot 20971 dot 11 dot camel at localhost dot localdomain> <56C5EE32 dot 1020605 at redhat dot com> <1460485015 dot 3869 dot 267 dot camel at localhost dot localdomain> <570D4944 dot 7070501 at redhat dot com> <1460552111 dot 3869 dot 362 dot camel at localhost dot localdomain> <570E5362 dot 7070300 at redhat dot com> <87lh3ivxlr dot fsf at totoro dot br dot ibm dot com> <5731E842 dot 3000002 at redhat dot com>
Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On 05/10/2016 03:41 PM, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho wrote:
>> The child is getting into a deadlock if the signal arrives before the parent
>> is able to complete __malloc_fork_unlock_parent().
> But this could have happened before as well, right?
Maybe, but I'm not able to reproduce this error before the removal of malloc
hooks from the fork handler.
I have a patch that seems to solve this issue.
I just want to test it for more time and on more servers before submitting it.