This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] stpcpy comes from Turbo C [BZ #3629]
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at gmail dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 12:37:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] stpcpy comes from Turbo C [BZ #3629]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160510075014 dot A743C41C38CF4 at oldenburg dot str dot redhat dot com>
On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 3:50 AM, Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> +This function is a Turbo C extension. It is not part of the ISO or
> +POSIX standards.
Even the current man pages tell you that this isn't right. Of course
it was an extension but not introduced in Turbo C. It was introduced
earlier. Amiga Lattice C had it: