Re: Top-level bits/ vs sysdeps/generic/bits/

On Tue, 10 May 2016, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> top-level module directories.  I'm guessing that the idea was eventually
> to dispose of sysdeps/generic altogether (which I would certainly
> support) and that there isn't supposed to be a sysdeps/generic/bits anymore.

I'm not sure how disposing of sysdeps/generic would work in the case of a
header (non-installed, overridden by some configurations) that's used by
multiple subdirectories.  That's most cases of files in sysdeps/generic
(there are also some installed headers there, and some .c files, and
default ABI test baselines), and you'd need to have another place to put
them (like top-level bits/ is for bits/ headers).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com