This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] libc-compat.h for <bits/fcntl-linux.h>
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- Cc: Eric Neblock <ceneblock at member dot fsf dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 15:06:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libc-compat.h for <bits/fcntl-linux.h>
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <589a6293-be0f-4b55-3a0b-2c180773ad94 at member dot fsf dot org> <CAKCAbMiRMSuMwRcMKLpY9Zu8OB-4zZmQZRUVD7h=z5jca1SQyg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Zack Weinberg <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Rather than this approach, why not have the glibc header include the
> uapi header and rely on its definitions? This might need to be
> conditional on a sufficiently new version of the uapi header being
> available, but it is more future-proof.
The kernel header cannot be used due to lack of name space sanity.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."