This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Adding __float128 (i.e TS 18661-3)
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Paul E. Murphy" <murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Steve Munroe <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 23:55:52 +0000
- Subject: Re: Adding __float128 (i.e TS 18661-3)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <572BB6DF dot 7090709 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 20 dot 1605052236310 dot 24016 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Thu, 5 May 2016, Joseph Myers wrote:
> Working out the exact set of additions to the ABI and the API is the most
> critical thing to get consensus on.
I should add: it's also the thing where it's most important to get views
from a range of glibc developers in the discussion, not simply to rely on
my views as libm maintainer of appropriate interfaces. New interfaces,
especially large sets of new interfaces as here, are an area where a wider
consensus is desirable than just agreement of the relevant subsystem
maintainer with lack of specific objections stated by anyone else.
Joseph S. Myers