This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Minimize sysdeps code involved in defining major/minor/makedev.
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 17:03:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Minimize sysdeps code involved in defining major/minor/makedev.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5722BB56 dot 3010700 at panix dot com>
On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 9:39 PM, Zack Weinberg <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> In my previous round of patches to deprecate sys/types.h including
> sys/sysmacros.h, there was some confusion about which parts were new and
> which parts were moving code around, so I decided to separate out the
> moving code around. I was going to post this when I'd revised the whole
> thing, but Roland's request for more generally useful __has_extension
> means I have to think about that some more, and this bit is done,
> independently applicable, hopefully uncontroversial, and much bigger
> than everything else. So here it is as its own thing.