This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Declare cuserid in unistd.h for UNIX98 and before (bug 20043)
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 12:05:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: Declare cuserid in unistd.h for UNIX98 and before (bug 20043)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 20 dot 1605041548150 dot 15301 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Joseph Myers <email@example.com> wrote:
> -/* The Single Unix specification demands this prototype to be here.
> - It is also found in <stdio.h>. */
> +/* The Single Unix specification demands these prototype to be here.
> + They are also found in <stdio.h>. */
Since you're touching this comment anyway, would you mind fixing the
grammar and clarifying which version(s) of SUS are meant? I would
suggest something along the lines of
/* Prior to Issue 6, the Single Unix specification required these prototypes
to appear in this header. They are also found in <stdio.h>. */
only with the correct version information.