This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2 2/2] powerpc: Fix operand prefixes
- From: "Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho" <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <gftg at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, munroesj at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 11:24:45 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/2] powerpc: Fix operand prefixes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1461190256 dot 10094 dot 3 dot camel at oc7878010663> <1461682306-30603-1-git-send-email-gftg at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
"Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <email@example.com> writes:
> The file sysdeps/powerpc/sysdeps.h defines aliases for condition register
> operands. E.g.: 'cr7' means condition register 7. On the one hand, this
> increases readability, as it makes it easier for readers to know whether the
> operand is a condition register, a general purpose register or an immediate.
> On the other hand, this permits that condition registers be written as if they
> were general purpose, and vice-versa, thus reducing the readability of the
> This commit removes some of these unintentional misuses.
> The changes have no effect on the final code. Checked with objdump.
> 2016-04-18 Gabriel F. T. Gomes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc64/power8/strncpy.S: Fix use of condition
> registers specifiers where general purpose registers specifiers should
> have been used.